Okay shower hostesses – it’s time to get inspired!
Baby Shower Diaper Cakes are trendy, cute, and make the perfect baby shower centerpiece and gift!
We wanted to give you a few DIY options so that your cake making experience is as easy as possible.
Diaper Cakes Wrapped With Receiving Blankets – cute alternative to traditional diaper cakes
If you are looking for a sleek, simple diaper cake – that is already made for you – we found some adorable ones over at Beau-Coup. Click on the pic to see!
Baby shower diaper cakes are an easy way to add style and pizzazz to a baby shower!
They make wonderful centerpieces and aren’t all that hard to make. And they are also great conversation pieces!
Most guests are intrigued by them and will ask where you bought it or how you made it!
The best part is – after the shower, the mom-to-be gets to take the diaper cake home and use all of the fun and useful supplies for the baby!
Diaper cakes act as cute baby shower decor and also make the perfect shower gift!
DIY Diaper Cake Instructions – You Tube Video
Below you will find a popular You Tube video tutorial with step-by-step diaper cake instructions.
There is also a written cake tutorial for those that don’t like to watch videos. And also a link to see 70+ cakes that have been submitted by readers!
You choose which method works best for you! Good luck & as always, have fun!
Easy instructions for “how to make a diaper cake” –
3 tier diaper cake
diaper cakes for boys
Boy diaper cakes make wonderful baby shower centerpieces and gifts! And the creative possibilities are endless – you can make boy diaper cakes that look like motorcycles, 4 wheelers, trucks, and of course the traditional tiered style.
Elephant Diaper Cake:
Hop over to our “Boy Diaper Cake” page for even more cute ideas that have been submitted by readers.
woodland diaper cake – gender neutral baby shower diaper cake
You can either make this diaper cake by creating a traditional, tiered cake and adding woodland decor and woodland-themed gifts to it – or you can buy this diaper cake by clicking on the picture above.
diaper cakes for girls
bathtub diaper cake
DIAPER BABY SHOWER IDEAS
A clever idea that plays off of the diaper cake theme is to make Washcloth Cupcake Favors for your guests to take home!
They are made using real washcloths (and not baby washcloths) so your guests can use them! Simply roll up a washcloth, tie it with a cute ribbon and place it into a cupcake wrapper.
You can even be more clever by attaching a cute bar of soap and a favor tag to the cupcakes. The favor tag can say something like “From Our Shower to Yours! – Grab our FREE ones below! (click on the pic)
- You can also make several small baby shower diaper cakes using different colors and decorations. Place one on each table and tie balloons to them for a cute centerpiece. Give all of the mini diaper cakes to the new mom at the end of the baby shower.
- If you are playing games at the shower, be sure to play the popular and hilarious dirty diaper baby shower game! So gross but so fun! Click on pic below to see!
Alternative to a diaper cake – baby bassinet cake
Baby shower Diaper Cake Directions
Below are some easy to follow instructions for making a cute cake made completely out of diapers and popular baby supplies:
This cake pattern is cute, versatile and always gets a ton of compliments! The great thing about it is you can make the cake as big or as small as you’d like!
First, decide on how big you want to make it.
Below are some general guidelines:
- 1st Tier (bottom tier) – 30 diapers
- 2nd Tier (middle tier) – 15-16 diapers
- 3rd Tier (top tier) – 6 diapers
tiers, using the correct amount of diapers for each tier (stated above.)
The bottle on the top tier will poke out to look like a candle.
Cloth Diaper Cake diy
This unique and adorable cloth diaper cake was made by Jackie from Kansas City, Missouri. Below are her instructions for making this cute masterpiece!
• When making this diaper cake, I used a big round colored gift cylinder (you can find cylinder shaped gift boxes at party stores or card shops.)
• Then I put large rubber bands around the container
• Next, Roll the inserts for the diapers and fasten them to the rubber bands.
• In the cylinder I placed a wet bag and lemon scented diaper crystals
• On top of the cake I placed a little frog with wearing a cloth diaper I found at a gift shop.
• Around some of the diapers, I placed little girl hair ribbons.
• This cake has a total of 18 cloth diapers.
3 Tier Diaper Cake: Diapers, Receiving Blankets & Baby Washcloths
image source unknown
This adorable, multi-item diaper cake is the perfect baby shower gift for the new mom and baby!
The first tier is diapers – the second is receiving blankets and the top tier is baby washcloths.
Additional Diaper Baby Shower Ideas & Cloth Diaper Cake Ideas
Some other things you could add are booties, bibs, pacifiers, socks, rattles and lotions.
You could also fill the cylinder with baby goodies such as onesies, bath supplies, nail clippers, etc.
This is a wonderful gift for a mom-to-be that is concerned with using disposable diapers. Very earth friendly!
Easy, DIY Washcloth Flower Bouquets
If you are looking for cute and unique baby shower decorations that also make a great baby gift, this is perfect!
All you need are:
- 8-10 soft baby washcloths (per bouquet)
- 8 1/2 x 11″ scrapbook paper
- cute ribbon (optional)
- free paper paper cone template (click to open and print)
Download and print off as many free paper cone templates as you need. Cut out, roll and secure with tape.
Roll each baby washcloth diagonally, secure with a small piece of clear tape.
Place 8-10 baby washcloths into each paper cone.
Tie ribbon around each cone (optional)
Place on tables for cute decorations and give them all to the new mom as a baby shower gift after the shower!
Other uses for our free paper cones are: fill with candies or bath bead, wrap cellophane around and tie at top with a ribbon. Give to each guest to take home as party favors! Don’t forget to add one of our free baby shower favor tags!
- Baby Shower Craft Ideas & DIYs – Super Cute Crafts Using, Baby Socks, Diapers, Washcloths, Bibs and More!
- Submit Your Own Cake: You’ve done all of the work – and now we want to see it! Share your cute creation with our readers!
- Be sure to visit our REAL cake gallery – filled with over 100 cake picture and tutorials – all submitted by readers!
When it comes to creating these cute cakes, the possibilities are endless! They can be adapted to match any color or theme.
mother-to-be will absolutely love it! Not only does it make a beautiful
baby shower centerpiece for the main table – it is overflowing with
amazing baby goodies!
new baby will be spoiled with tons of diapers, washcloths, bibs,
rattles, lotions, shampoo, booties, stuffed animals – and all of the
other supplies that are tucked inside!
more diaper baby shower ideas
bear diaper cake ideas
dirty diaper games
butterfly diaper cakes
diapers & wipes baby shower ideas
– SHOP –
PRINTABLE BABY SHOWER GAME PACKS