Garlic Milk/Poondu paal is a healthy drink prepared with garlic, palm candy, and milk. This Garlic Milk helps boost immunity, heal repository illness, treating cold-related symptoms, and digestion issues in children and adults. Also beneficial for breastfeeding women to increase the milk supply! It may not taste super good, but it really works! Garlic milk is ideal for kids from two years and can be given in moderation.
Now let us get on to check how to make garlic milk recipe for toddlers and kids.
WHEN AND HOW TO GIVE THIS GARLIC MILK FOR TODDLERS AND KIDS
- Garlic milk can be given to children in the morning or night before bed.
- When you are giving the garlic milk for the first time to your kid, Strain the garlic and give the milk alone. Start with 1 or 2 small garlic for children, and slowly increase the quantity based on your child’s tolerance level.
- If your child doesn’t like to chew the garlic as such, grind it and add.
- You can give this garlic milk once or twice a week to kids.
PRECAUTIONS TO FOLLOW WHILE GIVING GARLIC MILK FOR CHILDREN
- Always give garlic milk in moderation for children as the overconsumption of garlic may be harmful.
- You can use honey instead of palm sugar. If you are using honey, don’t cook honey, add to the milk after boiling.
- The garlic milk may not solve cold, cough, asthma, or other illnesses in some children. As every child is different, and what works for one may not work for others. Kindly seek doctors to help if symptoms persist for more than a week.
Garlic Milk Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Garlic Milk For Cold and Cough in Kids| Poondu Paal
Garlic Milk – Healthy drink with Garlic, palm candy, and milk.
Take garlic cloves and roughly mince them in a mortar and pestle. Set this aside for 5 minutes
Boil milk in a saucepan until frothy
Lower the flame. Add minced garlic and palm candy. Mix well and boil it further for 5 mins in low flame
Once the garlic is soft, switch off the flame and serve the milk warm
2. Boil milk in a saucepan until frothy.
Healthy Garlic milk is ready!
- Crush the garlic and set aside for about 5 minutes before it is added to milk as it develops garlic’s antibacterial properties.
- Don’t boil the milk too much after adding garlic, as the high heat may kill the antibacterial properties of garlic.
- You can also add turmeric powder, black pepper powder, and cardamom powder for more flavor.
- Adjust the palm sugar quantity according to the sweetness you desired.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- The information provided here are guidelines and doesn’t replace medical advice. Kindly seek doctors to help if symptoms persist for more than a week.
You may also like: