Your kiddos are going to love these fun Grinch Fruit Kabobs! Made with strawberries, sliced banana, grapes and a mini marshmallow to top off the hat. A super easy recipe to make with your kids. Great for a fun Christmas snack or treat!
Grinch Fruit Kabobs
Looking for a fun Christmas recipe that takes all of 10 minutes to make from start to the first bite? Then these Grinch Fruit Kabobs are made for you👊!
Made with three different types of fruit – grapes, banana and strawberries, and one fun treat element – mini marshmallows! These fruit kabobs are a fun and healthy treat or snack for toddlers and kids!
To say that my kids are in love with these might be an understatement.. borderline obsession would be a more accurate description 🤪. They want to make them for game night, for a fun virtual school snack, for all movie nights and they even talked me into letting them have them for breakfast. And since they can make these cute kabobs all by themselves, I am certainly okay with this!
These festive Grinch Fruit Kabobs will be the hit of any event 💚♥️!
Reasons to Love these Fruit Kabobs
- great for toddlers and kids (cut grapes before serving to toddler)
- adults love them as well
- great for snack, appetizer or part of lunch or dinner
- fun treat
- can serve with chocolate or yogurt dipping sauce
- easy recipes for toddlers and kids to help make
- gluten-free, nut-free, egg-free
- instant recipe – no back, or cook, or mixing involved!
- Grapes: we are using small green grapes for this recipe to replicate the Grinch’s head. I would recommend trying to find a small variety as the big ones have a hard time fitting on the toothpick along with the other ingredients.
- Strawberries: try to find small or medium strawberries for this recipe as you want them to be a similar size as the thickness of the banana.
- Banana: you will need one ripe banana that has no brown spots for this recipe.
- Marshmallow: mini marshmallows are the way to go here.
- Prep: Wash and dry the strawberries and grapes.
- Slice: peel a banana and evenly slice the banana into roughly 1/4″ thick pieces.
- Trim: take the strawberries and even cut off the stem and the tip.
- Tread: using a wooden toothpick, stick the grape onto one end pushing the toothpick roughly halfway through. Then tread on the banana slice and the strawberry. There should be enough of the toothpick for the marshmallow. If not, gently push the fruit further down the toothpick. Next, add the marshmallow to the top of the strawberry. The toothpick should not be sticking out of the top.
- Repeat: Place finished Grinch Kabob on a plate and repeat until you have used up all of your ingredients.
- Eat: serve by themselves or with a fun yogurt or chocolate dip.
- Evenly Cut Fruit: to make the grinch kabob, try to cut the banana and strawberry pieces as evenly as possible so they can easily fit together. If your kids are helping you with this portion of the recipe, you will not get even slices, so just go with it.
- Pat Dry Strawberries: if you have super juicy strawberries, you can pat the cut parts with a paper towel to get the juices off so they won’t bleed onto the marshmallow or banana.
- Extra Marshmellow: you can also cut a large marshmallow in half and use it for the bottom of the Grinch’s hat if you want a little more sweetness.
You can prep the strawberry and grapes up to 2 days beforehand, but I would assemble the kabobs no more than 3-4 hours before serving as the marshmallows tend to get stall after a few afters left out.
More Christmas Treats
Grinch Fruit Kabobs
Servings: 12 kabobs
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup small-medium strawberries
- 1 ripe banana, no brown spots
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- wooden toothpicks
Storage: You can prep the strawberry and grapes up to 2 days beforehand, but I would assemble the kabobs no more than 3-4 hours before serving as the marshmallows tend to get stall after a few afters left out.
Yogurt Dip: for a fun yogurt dip mix together 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, a pinch of cinnamon and 1/8 tsp vanilla extract. Put in a serving bowl and top with shredded coconut to make “snow”.
Chocolate Dip: for a delicious chocolate dip add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each round, until melted. Mine usually takes 2 minutes to melt. Pour into a small serving bowl and serve.