Mango Oats Porridge: Tasty porridge recipe for babies and toddlers with homemade oats cereal and mangoes. I have already shared different varieties of oats porridge for babies and toddlers as listed below:
This mango oats porridge is one such variation with the addition of mangoes. It tastes so good and tempting for babies and toddlers, ideal as a breakfast! It doesn’t even require additional sweetener if you use sweet mangoes. This mango oats porridge can be given to babies from 8 months. Check out other oats recipes for babies and toddlers too.
Now let’s get on to check how to make mango oats porridge for babies and toddlers.
Mango Oats Porridge Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Mango Oatmeal
Mango Oats porridge – healthy porridge made with oats & mango for babies and toddlers
Wash mango in running water well. Peel the skin off from the mango with a peeler. Then slice them into pieces. Transfer the mango slices into a blender. Grind it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
Take water in a pan and bring to a boil. Then add oats to it. (If using the whole oats, Grind it in a mixer to a slightly coarse powder and use)
Mix well with a whisk. Make sure that no lumps are formed. Cook the oats in low, medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked. Keep stirring while cooking.
Once the oats are thoroughly cooked, add ground mango puree and nuts powder.
Then add sugar(skip sugar for babies below one year) and cardamom powder.
Mix well. For babies below one year, switch off the porridge at this stage & add breastmilk or formula when the porridge is warm.
Once the oats are thoroughly cooked, add ground mango puree and nuts powder. Mix well.
For babies above one year, use cows milk & boil it further for 2-3 minutes and remove from flame.
1. Wash mango in running water well. Peel the skin off from the mango with a peeler. Then slice them into pieces. Transfer the mango slices into a blender. Grind it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Take water in a pan and bring to a boil. Then add oats to it. (If using the whole oats, Grind it in a mixer to a slightly coarse powder and use)
Yummy mango oats porridge is ready to feed your baby.
- This mango oats porridge will become slightly thick after cooling down, so switch off the flame accordingly. Adjust with warm water or milk while feeding if it becomes too thick.
- Generally, oats don’t cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Salt or sugar is not advisable for babies under one year.
- Adding breastmilk/formula or cows milk is optional.
You may also like: